IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER
- First working day in January - Begin accepting New Homestead Applications or making changes to existing applications.
- February 1st - Last day to pay real estate, personal property, and mobile home taxes without a late fee.
- April 1st - Last day to file for homestead exemption.
- April 1st - Last day for businesses to file personal property renditions.
- July 15th - Land rolls and personal property rolls open for public inspection.
- July 31st - Last day to pay real estate taxes to keep them from being published in the newspaper.
- First Monday in August - Deadline to file valuation appeals with the board of supervisors for both real and personal properties.
- Last Monday in August - Property tax sale of all delinquent accounts.
- October 1st - New millage rates go into effect.
- December 1st - Begin collecting real and personal property taxes.
COUNTY/SCHOOL MILLAGE RATE = 129.52
TOWN OF LEAKESVILLE = 30.00
TOWN OF MCLAIN = 31.46
TOWN OF STATE LINE = 32.50
- For real property taxes and appraisal, please use the following link to Delta Computer Systems, Inc.