The members of the Election Commission are responsible for conducting all General and Special Elections in Greene County. When contacted, the Election Commission assists the Republican and Democratic Parties with the Primary Elections. The Election Commission is responsible for ensuring that ALL elections are conducted fairly, honestly and most importantly Legal in all areas of the laws of Mississippi. They work as a team to ensure the voter rolls for Greene County are as clean as possible by removing those voters who have moved or passed away. Members of the Election Commission are Elected Officials that serve a four year term and there are no limitations to the number of consecutive terms that can be served. Commissioners must be qualified electors in Greene County and a resident of the Supervisor District in which they are a candidate. They operate under the authority of MS Code Annotated 23-15-211 (1972) Members of the Election Commission are mandatorily required to attend Certification Training annually, conducted by the Mississippi Secretary of State’s Office, to be certified to conduct elections.
PO Box 804
Leakesville MS 39451
PO Box 321
State Line MS 39362
PO Box 30
Richton MS 39476
2581 Vernal River Road
Lucedale MS 39452
PO Box 244
Neely MS 39461
Duties of the Election Commission
- Building the database in Statewide Elections Management System.
- Hiring and training Poll Managers.
- Preparing and printing ballots, and securing all election supplies.
- Downloading the Election Database in Global Elections Management System.
- Burning memory cards for the election.
- Testing and preparing voting machines and ballot encoders for the election, and preparing poll books.
- Compiling precinct results on Election Day, certifying election results, and providing election data to the public.
At present, the commission meets on Tuesday of each week from 7:00 A.M. until 12 Noon at the Election Commission Office.